Swiss Made
HISTORY
Drucken
1937 MERIDIAN was founded as manufacturer for geodetic instruments, clinometers and compasses in Péry (Bernese Jura) Switzerland
1958 MERIDIAN was acquired by Spectros in Ettingen (canton of Basel-Country) Switzerland
1969 First industrial laser developed
1982 Prof. Franz Fankhauser, head of ophthalmology at the University of Berne, developed together with LASAG, Thun the first commercially available ophthalmic Nd:YAG laser, the Microruptor II
1986 LASAG launches the second generation Nd:YAG laser - Topaz
1991 LASAG launches the revolutionary designed Nd:YAG laser – Microruptor III, the only ophthalmic laser with which supine treatment can be performed
1991 MERIDIAN, meanwhile a HAAG-STREIT company, acquires the ophthalmic laser segment of LASAG
1994 MERIDIAN launches its first frequency doubled Nd:YAG laser - Merilite
2000 PPU medical services, a team of former LASAG engineers, acquires MERIDIAN
2001 MERIDAN introduces the new Nd:YAG laser - Microruptor V - and the diode laser - Merilas 810 Tpro
2006 The Merlias 532α, the most ergonomical green laser photocoagulator with an award nominated design was introduced
2007 Launch of the Microruptor V - Combo System (MR V with Merilas 532)
2008 Launch of the Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope - LIO 500
2009 Launch of the Slit Lamp Adapter for the Haag-Streit BQ/BM900
  and of the Universal Slit Lamp Adapter
2014 The Merilas 577α with true yellow wavelength appears
2015 New MR 6 Nd:YAG is on the market
internetgalerie